Every gift you make to us could be worth more at no extra cost to you.
If you are a UK taxpayer and you say ‘Yes’ to Retails Gift Aid, we can claim 25p for every £1 you give to the charity under the Government’s Gift Aid scheme.
You can join at your local shop when you drop off your donations! You just need to fill in a very simple form and this makes a huge difference.
Gift Aid FAQ
* WHAT IS GIFT AID?
Gift Aid is a government scheme that allows charities to reclaim basic rate tax (25%) on your gift, increasing the value of your donations at no extra cost to you.
* HOW CAN YOU TRACK MY DONATIONS?
When you sign up to the scheme you will receive a unique donor number which you should use to tag each bag of donations you give. Your local shop team will then give each item in your donation a barcode so we know when they’ve sold and can claim Gift Aid on the amount they raise.
WILL I RECEIVE LOTS OF MARKETING MATERIAL IF I SIGN UP?
* As part of the rules of operating the Gift Aid scheme, we are required to tell you how much your items have raised each tax year. We currently do this once a year by email or letter.
You can optionally choose to receive other updates from us. If you do not opt into these then we won’t send them.
* I’M NOT A UK TAXPAYER – CAN I STILL JOIN IN?
In order to claim Gift Aid on your donations from the UK government, you must be a UK taxpayer. However even if you can’t Gift Aid your donations, we’d love for you to keep bringing your pre-loved items to us and we’ll still be able to put them to good use to help raise funds for children with cancer.
* I’VE STOPPED PAYING TAX – CAN I CLOSE MY ACCOUNT?
If your circumstances change and you no longer pay tax, then please inform us so we can close your account which will end your Gift Aid Declaration and your participation in the scheme. However, even if you can’t Gift Aid you donations, we’d love for you to keep bringing your pre-loved items to us and we’ll still be able to put them to good use to help raise funds for children with cancer.
* I’VE MOVED HOUSE, DO I NEED TO UPDATE MY DETAILS?
In order to claim Gift Aid from your donation we are required to hold your current home address. If you need to change your contact details, you can do that in your local shop or through emailing or calling us.
Our volunteers provide essential support to the managers in our shops – we couldn’t function without their hard work and commitment! All our shops need more volunteers. Please pop into your local store today to pick up a volunteer form and be a part of our team.
COULD THIS SUIT YOU?
- Are you looking for a short-term volunteering role?
- Are you 18 or older?
- Do you have a heart to serve a greater cause?
- Do you have time to commit on a weekly or monthly basis?
- Do you enjoy meeting new people and working in a team?
- Do you want to learn a new skill?